Today's gifts bring tomorrow's opportunities.
In early 2015, the Alliant Educational Foundation was launched as a result of Alliant International University becoming a Benefit Corporation. The Foundation is a stand-alone, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with an independent Board of Directors that is committed to supporting the success of the University and its students. There were many reasons for its formation, including:
- Our role as the "Keeper of the Flame" of the Four Pillars of the University, Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence, and Community Engagement.
- The need to provide a nonprofit 'umbrella' for the grants and contracts that are used to fund faculty research and other important initiatives
- Our role as 20% owner of Alliant International University
- The need to provide a repository for funds that impact student scholarships and various University programs that support the community
- The need to provide a conduit for current and potential donors who wish to continue funding these initiatives with tax-related incentives
- The desire to create a highly functioning educational foundation with a compelling mission of support for the University
The first and most important charge for our Board of Directors was to develop a mission statement for Alliant Educational Foundation. After an engaging and spirited visioning process, the following mission was adopted:
The Mission of Alliant Educational Foundation is to support the preparation of students for professional careers of service and leadership, while promoting the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
Said support shall include but not be limited to:
- Creating and supporting professional development opportunities that increase students' capacity to meet the needs of underserved populations;
- Providing scholarships to students from diverse backgrounds; and
- Promoting innovative and creative scholarly inquiry, research, service and training
The Foundation’s primary focus in 2016 will be devoted to raising funds for student scholarships. We realize that the most tangible step we can take to support CSPP and Alliant International University during this critical transition period is to broaden the base of major donors who are passionate about student success in their chosen fields of study.
The Foundation is also keenly aware of the important role that CSPP plays in the success of the University as the premier School and central, core program offering available to current and prospective students. We know that since its inception, CSPP has been an innovative, passionate community of trailblazers whose sole focus has been and continues to be making a difference in the lives of individuals and families from diverse cultures and disadvantaged settings.
The Foundation’s commitment to you, the alumni and friends of this institution with such an impressive legacy, is to become a conduit of ongoing financial support for the success of all CSPP students.
We ask you to join us in making an annual gift to CSPP to provide critical financial assistance that will help foster the training and education of future behavioral science practitioners who carry on this inspirational legacy.
Your annual gift can be securely made on the Foundation’s website at allianteducationalfoundation.org. There you will find a lengthy list of the various funds to which you can contribute, such as the Tauber Fellowship in Clinical Psychology which recognizes and supports those students with exceptional leadership potential, academic performance and commitment to community engagement.
Checks can also be mailed to:
Alliant Education Foundation
10455 Pomerado Road
San Diego, CA 92131